At the Kathy Herward Child Care Center, our philosophy is based on principles of growth and development. This provides a guideline for age-appropriate activities suited to the needs of the individual child. With a warm and nurturing environment, we aim to make your child as comfortable at the center as he/she is in their own home. Our curriculum centers on fostering a positive self-image and proceeds to cultivate your child's observational, social, emotional, and motor skills. We feel learning is best developed by offering children many different experiences to learn about their world.
Our program goals include:
- Providing a safe and healthy learning environment for all of our children, with challenging materials and curriculum that encourage children to explore
- Learning all about each individual child - so that we may provide the appropriate education and nurturing care necessary to help each child experience success.
- Providing opportunities everyday for your child to enhance emerging social skills - understanding that this is an important component of all development, and will assist in fostering a positive self esteem and sense of belonging within our community.
- Recruiting and retaining a qualified, caring teaching staff that will carry out our mission of quality care. Staff is the heart of the child care center - the most important part of our program. Providing continuity and consistency in care is a top priority, so our program will work hard to retain quality staff.
- Providing appropriate role models for our young learners - as well as cultivating an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Work in harmony with parents to help them understand their child's intellectual, emotional, social and physical development, and to provide supportive service if needed.
**At KHCCC, we work with families to ensure consistency in routine and care between home and school**
Each program in the center builds from the curriculum of the previous program, to ensure continuity. Curriculums are available for each program, including schedules and teacher profiles.
The Kathy Herward Child Care Center
310 Lowell Street / Stop 237
Andover, MA 01810
Director: Jennifer L. Lacroix
Assistant Director: Paula J. Leger
Preschool Lead Teacher: Kelley M. Atwood
Inf. / Toddler Lead Teacher: Kerri-Ann MacEachern
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:15 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.